Admissions 2019-20 closed
Admissions for the academic year 2019-20 are now closed. Admissions Application Forms were available online from September 03rd to November 30th, 2018 exclusively on our website. Our Admissions Committee will review all applications received. Based on this review and the number of vacancies available, prospective parents will be requested to meet us for an interaction along with their child. Scheduling and holding of these interactions could stretch over a period of six weeks. These dates will be communicated via email.
- Our admissions process is transparent. Selection is based entirely on vacancy and our ability to meet the needs of the child. We do not entertain external pressure, political or otherwise.
- All admissions are handled online, exclusively via our website. We do not issue hard copies of our Application Form.
- All online forms are scrutinised by our Admissions Team, who then invite the parents along with their child/children for an interaction/dialogue before a final decision is taken.
- Application Forms are available separately for each school run by the Head Start Educational Trust and do not guarantee admission to any other institution run by the Head Start group.
- All decisions regarding admissions are taken by the Admissions Team in consultation with the Managing Trustee and/or Director.
2019-20 admissions for Head Start, Whitefield open on 01st October, 2018. Please click here for more information.
Choosing a school or House of Children for ones child, is a difficult decision. The question, “Is this the right place for my child?” would be uppermost in every parent’s mind. Head Start values its philosophy and core beliefs and this philosophy, along with its implicit faith in the Montessori method, should be of equal value to the parent, so that both the home and the school work together collaboratively. Every child is unique. We respect and value that each one learns in his/her own way, at his/her own pace and must be given the opportunity for this unique development.
A child is officially enrolled in our programme when the Managing Trustee and/or Director have approved the admission, received the admission fee and fees for the year.
Available places in each environment are identified in the last term of the academic year for the coming academic year. Parents, who have decided their children will not be continuing for the next academic year starting in June, are requested to inform the school by the previous February. Similarly, applications for Transfer Certificates must be submitted by February and will be issued on the last day of the academic year.
Fees must be paid for the whole academic year in advance, on or before the due date given. Parents are requested to keep in mind that the place for their child is kept for the whole academic year, not a part of it.
Should a parent/s experience financial difficulties they may address a letter to the Managing Trustee and request for payment in two installments. The payment arrangements should be given in writing.